No, not anymore! We have opened up signing up with email - but you won't be able to start a discussion or leave a reply till we manually approve you for contribution. Sign up with facebook or connect your existing email based account from Settings page so that we can verify your identity and you can participate in the discussions right away. We require access to only your public profile, and you always have the option to not reveal anything more than you are comfortable with.
Other members would be able to see your name and profile picture from Facebook on your Commonlounge profile. We do not link back to your actual Facebook profile, or reveal any of the other imported data.
You can change your email address by following these steps:
- Step 1: Make sure you are signed in to your account. You can go to commonlounge.com/sign-in and click Continue With Facebook if you created an account via Facebook, or Log in with email if you created an account via email.
- Step 2: Go to commonlounge.com/profile/settings and under "Email settings" you'll see the email address you want to change. There's a little Edit button under that - click it to edit the email field and press Done.
- Step 3: You will get an email from us in your old email address' inbox - it's to verify that the email change was initiated by you. Clicking on the link in the email will change your email address.
- Step 4: Clicking on the "Change email" link will take you to this page:
- Step 1: Go to commonlounge.com/profile/settings and make sure you have access to the email address we have associated with your account. If you want to change your email address, see the previous answer for detailed steps.
- Step 2: Log out of your account by going to commonlounge.com/logout/
- Step 2: Now go to commonlounge.com/forgot-password and enter the same email address that is on your profile from Step 1.
- Step 3: You will receive a link in your inbox to set a new password.
- Step 4: Set a new password, press Login and you're all set.
We'd be really sorry to see you go! If you want to opt out of all emails and notifications, you can do so on the Settings page. If you want to delete your account, send us an email at email@example.com with subject Account Deletion and we'll process your request within 24 hours.