Godot provides a huge set of common tools, so you can just focus on making your game without reinventing the wheel. Godot is completely free and open source under the very permissive MIT license. Your game is yours, down to the last line of engine code. No strings attached, no royalties, nothing.
- Support for both 2D and 3D
- Inbuilt Sprite Animation System
- Uses GDScript , a python like programming language
- Cross Platform (both for deploy & develop)
- Open Source , you dont even need to pay even if you get commercial