This course teaches you web development from scratch. Once done, you'll be able to build your own websites that are fast, responsive, and use the latest technologies. You will learn through short tutorials that won't waste your time, and you'll work on real-world projects. The course is meant to be very hands-on and will walk you through every step of the web development process.
The primary objectives of this course are as follows:
- Give a short background on how the web works — what happens behind the scene when you visit a website.
- Teach you the basics of HTML and CSS so that you can understand how web pages are structured. You will work on a project to recreate a popular product's landing page.
- Set up your local development environment with virtual environments, Python3, and Django 2.0 (or 1.11) installing instructions for Windows, OS X, and Linux.
- Work on several real-world Django projects and in the process learn all of the important Django concepts including Models & the ORM, the Admin, URL resolution, Templates, Forms, Authentication (including Facebook login), and creating APIs.
- Work with different database backends including SQLite and Postgres database.
- Learn how to use Git as a version control system for your code.
- Deploy your applications to production using Heroku and share it with your friends.
- Make your app responsive by learning the basics of Responsive Web Design.