This is a short guide to using Google Colaboratory for your CommonLounge projects. It's a free research tool for machine learning education and research, works right here in-browser, and it requires no setup to use!
- Most projects on CommonLounge will have a link to the Colaboratory notebook. The will look like this. Click on it: https://colab.research.google.com/drive/1RKCeTFmJbiTT0hFyxKOcof4t0exIau_p
- Although Colaboratory is a free tool, you should sign in using your Google account, otherwise Google will keep prompting you again and again.
- Once you're signed in, save a copy of this "notebook" to your own Google Drive account. This is how:
- Each section of the code is an individual "cell".
- To run a cell, select it and press Shift+Enter. You can also click "Runtime" on the menu bar and select "Run all".
- Many of our projects will require you to upload a dataset. The link to the dataset will be provided in the project itself. After downloading it to your computer, you will need to upload the dataset to your Notebook. To upload data, click on the Upload button under the File system on the left sidebar:
This is it. If you have any questions, you can always look at the Google Colab FAQ here: https://research.google.com/colaboratory/faq.html