This section (single tutorial) provides the biological context for the rest of this course. It describes what DNAs and proteins are, and how we can model them as a sequence of characters.
- What is Bioinformatics?
- What is a DNA? What is a Protein?
- Conserved Sequences and Regulatory Motifs with Brute-Force Algorithms and Randomized Algorithms
- Genome Assembly and Sequence Alignment with Graph Algorithms and Dynamic Programming
- Constructing Evolutionary Trees with Greedy Algorithms and Dynamic Programming
- Gene Analysis with Clustering Algorithms, and Detecting Disease Causing Mutations with Suffix Trees
- Advanced Topics: Protein Structure Prediction
Start this course