Our most engaged communities are purpose-driven and lists are an effective tool to get things done — and though our users have been making lists for a while on Commonlounge, we felt we could do better and made native Lists into the product.
Lists are a way for you to make public collections so that you can track your progress over time, as well as subscribe and set email reminders to get you back to them at a frequency of your choice. Check out our first few Lists here:
- Hackers & Painters Book Playlist
- Competitive Programming Playlist
- Deep Learning Book Playlist
- High Resolution Design Series Playlist
List creation is an invite-only feature right now, and if you have ideas — make sure you get in touch with us. We believe this will be a really useful tool for communities - imagine having a playlist of every Paul Graham article for Startups community or a playlist of IMDb Top 250 movies for the Movies community — it's not only a way to track your progress, but also remind you about the next item on the list on your own schedule. We are excited to release this to see what all you do with it!
Two more things:
- You can see all the playlists you are subscribed to at your profile here: Playlist Subscriptions.
- As of now, the playlists you follow, or your progress so far is private to you and not shared with others.
Other minor improvements to the product:
- Sidebar fades and gets out of the way on discussions and community pages as you scroll, letting you focus on the content (see on your left)
- You see the latest updates right on top of your home feed, with a line demarcating your last visit in red:
Small improvements like these often come from our users - like you! To let us know what you think, just hit the reply button. Or shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org