This is a short guide to using Google Colaboratory for your CommonLounge projects. It's a free research tool for machine learning education and research, works right here in-browser, and it requires no setup to use!
- Most projects on CommonLounge will have a link to the Colaboratory notebook. The will look like this. Click on it: https://colab.research.google.com/drive/1RKCeTFmJbiTT0hFyxKOcof4t0exIau_p
- Although Colaboratory is a free tool, you should sign in using your Google account, otherwise Google will keep prompting you again and again.
- Once you're signed in, save a copy of this "notebook" to your own Google Drive account. This is how:
- Each section of the code is an individual "cell".
- To run a cell, select it and press Shift+Enter. You can also click "Runtime" on the menu bar and select "Run all".
- To upload data, click on the Upload button under the File system on the left sidebar:
This is it. If you have any questions, you can always look at the Google Colab FAQ here: https://research.google.com/colaboratory/faq.html