In this article, Kevin Kelly lays down good arguments in favor of the the following five heresies in AI:
- Intelligence is not a single dimension, so “smarter than humans” is a meaningless concept.
- Humans do not have general purpose minds, and neither will AIs.
- Emulation of human thinking in other media will be constrained by cost.
- Dimensions of intelligence are not infinite.
- Intelligences are only one factor in progress.
Highly recommend reading the full article, as well as leaving a reply here with your thoughts on parts you disagree with.