Text Classification (or Categorization) has been in high demand and all the way has become more important with the increasing scale of text getting generated online. Moreover, different contextual information in different domains has raised the challenge in improving the accuracy and performance of traditional ways of doing text classification.
Some example applications of text classification include:
- Assigning multiple topics to documents
- Grouping of documents into a fixed number of predefined classes
- Segregating the contextual details from a multi-domain corpus
- Spam filtering of emails
- Sentiment Analysis to determine the viewpoint/polarity of a writer with respect to some topic
- Language identification by automatically determining the linguistic of the text