This 26-part course consists of tutorials on how to learn web development with Django from scratch. It’s designed to be very hands-on and will walk you through every step of the web development process.
The primary objectives of this course are as follows:
- Set up your local development environment with Django 2.0 (or 1.11) installing instructions for Windows, OS X, and Linux.
- Work on several real-world Django projects and in the process learn all of the important Django concepts including Models & the ORM, the Admin, URL resolution, Templates, Forms, Authentication (including Facebook login!), and creating APIs.
- Work with different database backends including SQLite and Postgres database.
- Learn how to use Git as a version control system for your code.
- Deploy your applications to production using Heroku and share it with your friends!
Next, you’ll get your computer all set up to work with Django. You’ll also learn about what Django is.
This section walks you through your first Django application. It will cover all the fundamentals of Django including Models & the ORM, the Admin, URL resolution, Templates, Forms, and the basic built-in User Authentication.
- Your First Django Project!
- Django Models
- Django Admin
- Django URLs (Django 2.0+)
- Django URLs (Django 1.11)
- Django Views — Time to Create!
- Introduction to HTML and Templates
- Django ORM and QuerySets
- Dynamic Data in Templates
- Django Templates
- CSS – Make it Pretty!
- Template Extending
- Extend your Application
- Django Forms
- More Functionality: Drafts & Publication!
- Adding Security to your Website via a User Login System
This section goes over some of the advanced concepts you’ll need as a Django developer — we’ll tackle each one through a project meant to provide you more hands-on practice.
We’ll work on 4 projects:
- Login with Facebook and a Custom User Model
- Create our own Reddit Clone
- Deploy to Production on Heroku with a Postgres database
- Create an API
- Hands-on Assignment: Custom User Model & Login via Facebook
- Hands-on Assignment: Creating a Reddit Clone Part 1
- Hands-on Assignment: Creating a Reddit Clone Part 2
- Hands-on Assignment: Deploying to Production Part 1 (PostgreSQL Installation)
- Hands-on Assignment: Deploying to Production Part 2 (Heroku & Git)
- Hands-on Assignment: Creating an API Part 1
- Hands-on Assignment: Creating an API Part 2
This section allows you to test some of the knowledge you’ve gained about Django in the last 2 sections!